Having your cake and eating it!
[Not a valid template]
I won’t lie, I love cake…I also love biscuits, not all the time, but sometimes you just feel like eating a piece of cake or a biscuit. However, I don’t like the ingredients in processed, shop bought crap, so the only thing to do is make my own. These chocolate brownies are totally delicious and you wouldn’t know they don’t contain any gluten or grains.
The recipe I’m sharing with you is slightly adapted from one I found online at Elena’s pantry. I prefer my cakes to be a little less sweet, so I didn’t add the stevia and reduced the amount of dates.
1 Cup Almond Flour
1/4 Tsp Celtic Sea Salt
1/4 Tsp baking Soda
100g Tesco Finest 85% Dark Chocolate
5 Medjool Dates, Pitted (The original recipe calls for 7 Pitted dates, so add more if you need more sweetness)
3 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. In a food processor, pulse together almond flour, salt and baking soda
2. Pulse in squares of dark chocolate until the texture of coarse sand
3. Pulse in dates until the texture of coarse sand
4. Pulse in eggs
5. Pulse in melted coconut oil and vanilla essence
6.Transfer mixture to a greased 8 x 8 inch baking tin, or line with non stick baking paper
7. Mixture will be very thick, smooth with a spatula
8. Bake at 180 degrees C for 18-22 minutes
9. Cool slightly and tip out onto a wire rack. Cool for 2 hours before serving.
I store these brownies in the fridge or freeze them so you don’t eat them all at once!